Hi there! All of us newbs that made the cut are still in the midst of practicing with the league. Our draft is scheduled within the next 2 weeks. I am incredibly nervous – words cannot explain the emotional and physical journey of practicing with the league these past couple of weeks. Because I love all you followers (real or imagined.. ha) and because it is therapeutic, I will definitely talk about it more very soon. But, in the meantime, I’m just trying to survive.
Yeah… this shit is that hard.
Here are some of the tips I’ve heard so far:
1. Loosen my trucks.
2. CONTROL MY ARMS.
3. Pick up my speed by moving my feet. Get back to the pack faster.
4. Don’t cut the gd track.
5. Don’t put my arm/hand behind my teammate – put it on the front of their thigh, or their stomach, or somewhere in that area – as long as it is in the front.
6. Don’t run away during pack drills.
7. Pick up/move my feet. I know I said this before, but I keep hearing it over and over again so it bears repeating.
8. Find my edges. Love my edges. Use my edges.
9. Improve my agility, especially in laterals and static stepping.
10. Practice falling and quickly recovering.